Safe Sleep, Sleep Well
Safe Sleep, Sleep Well is a local campaign that aims to educate parents, caregivers and health care providers on ways to reduce the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) and other sleep related causes of infant death. Although there is no known way to completely prevent SIDS, the following steps are ways that parents, caregivers and health care providers can lower a baby’s risk for SIDS:
- Place the baby on his or her back to sleep for both naps and at night.
- Room-Share with baby, this means place the baby in a separate sleep area in the same room where parents sleep.
- Use a firm sleep surface, in a safety-approved crib, covered by a tight fitted sheet.
- Keep soft objects, toys, crib bumpers, or loose bedding out of the infants sleep environment.
- Use a pacifier.
- Quit smoking or refrain from smoking around your infant
Wednesday Night Bible StudyDance Ministry Info Meetings - 9/28 & 10/5Nehemiah’s Justified Anger Leadership Institute - Starting 10/9Make FOL Your Church Home - 10/15Children's and Middle School Ministry - Fall 2023Join the FOL ChoirPastoral AnniversaryPrivate Movie Screening - 12/10OctoberFast 2023 - Week 1LIFT Lunch and Info Meeting - 10/1